Tuesday, July 10, 2018

June

Isn't he cute?! And doesn't he look so grown up?!







Playing together. How beautiful when brothers dwell together in unity. They don't have to be best friends, but may they be friends forever.




I also still think he's cute:






We went camping at Lake Mil Lacs Kathio State Park. Camping is always more fun in hind-sight, but even in the conditions (rain, poor kid sleep, oodles of mosquitoes) it was fun. We were outside all day, I got to buy a mosquito tent for the picnic table which gave me endless joy, we got to bring our bikes and bike all over this beautiful, huge state park we'd never seen, we swam, and we ate a lot of fire-cooked food. The boys loved it, and didn't mind having welts all over their bodies from the mosquitoes, even though I was constantly spraying them with (real, deet) bug-spray.


In the car home from camping,
reading Planes Go from Hanna. 
His favorite.



lighting doesn't allow optimal viewing of bite welts



And I turned 38. Hoiliens don't make their own birthday cake, but this year I realized that I love to bake, and since I've been on a diet since Theo was born I don't bake near as much as I would like, I baked my own and was delighted. I mixed a favorite black bean brownie recipe with Grandma Eleanor's devil's food cake recipe, and found a 5-ingredient frosting recipe that didn't involve the stove. And then I decorated, because Mom was playing with the boys :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment