Monday, January 1, 2018

The Baby Jesus


We read Betsy Kirk's Advent Readings for the Very Young this year. And I ordered a very nice embroidered felt nativity set from Etsy. This was the first we've read much of the Bible with Lukas. It didn't seem like anything was sinking in, but I think some did. 

After a particularly ugly outburst of anger by this Mama (not toward the children, though that does unfortunately happen) Lukas had some helpful words from the backseat of the car:
"The Baby Jesus is helping you Mama."
"The Baby Jesus is God."
"It's ok Mama."

At the end of this year I feel less holy than a year ago. Maybe it's a more accurate understanding of who I am or maybe it's true. But now that there is someone in the backseat who understands a lot of what is going on around him, I want to be more holy for his sake. I am thankful that God is patient with me, and that he gave these boys to me, and that he is with me and Daniel is with me in this good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment