Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Duluth

While up in Duluth last week, I got out hiking with my uncle & aunt a couple time.  With the lake effect, Duluth is about a month behind Minneapolis, and the Spring flowers are still in full bloom.


Bellwort was everywhere in Jay Cook park, and the blueberry flowers below were at Shovel Point -- Tettegouche park.  I wish I could be back in July for the berries.


We saw quite a few songbirds on the hike, and a hermit thrush that stole the show.  My coarse recording doesn't do justice to its beautiful call.  


It was in the 50s most of the time by the lake, and I only got warm when hiking up to the high falls in Tettegouche.  And a dip in the Baptism river quickly changed that.


And here we're back at home again, where Pat was taking pictures of butterflies and other insects.


No comments:

Post a Comment