Sunday, June 19, 2016

Eating

When Lukas was still living inside of me, one of my greatest concerns about motherhood was that the messiness that follows the natural course of childhood would drive me to madness. I've learned that there are few messes that can't be conquered in 5 minutes or less. I've learned to let the general messes be until he goes to sleep, at which point I pick up after him for 2 minutes or less. I've embraced the heat here and learned that eating in the nude makes for easy clean-up - just sit him in the sink and splash him down while he splashes around. But sometimes, it's a little too much and I am a little dismayed. 




1 comment:

  1. He looks very proud of himself and his mess in that last photo-or maybe just oblivious of the trouble/pick up needed after him! -Hanna

    ReplyDelete