Sunday, June 19, 2016

Monkey See, Monkey Do

This is a rather fun stage. I like that he wants to eat what we eat, work in the kitchen when we do, wash dishes when we do and wash clothes with us. I don't so much like it when he wants to help sweep, as this usually involves rolling his car over my pile, sticking his finger in my pile, taking his little broom and spreading my pile and walking through my pile. Usually he is delivered to his father when I am sweeping.


And mangoes must not be cut and neatly handed to him - he must slobber the pit like we do, and turn the outsides inside-out like we do. But we do not rub mango all over our bellies, this is his idea.



Our modest society requires that we wear clothes when we work in the kitchen, but Babu is not under this obligation. Here he is washing the potatoes:



And cooking the potatoes (this sometimes happens to Bunny too...):


Sorting the potatoes:



And washing dishes at this sink which is just right for him - the spout is the right height and the ledge is a perfect seat:




1 comment: